Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stimson, The Abstinent Dorm

After my friend Haley's post (ohtheweatheroutsideisweather.blogspot.com), I have noticed more how college in a way promotes safe but still pre-marital sex. Any kind of promotion of pre-marital sex is unheard of to my Catholic High School virgin ears. Exposure to sex is inevitable in college. It waits for you on the corners of the streets of Greek Row. It's present at every party I have atteneded. Even the all girls hall of Regents gives their residents free condoms like it's candy. I am curious to why all guy dorms, oh such as Stimson don't offer the same perks? This question has dawned on me since reading Haley's post, yet today my curiosity was satisfied.
Over the weekend my friend in Stimson got written up for ummm, well having sex in the shower of his room. Hearing this surprised me because I have heard stories and even witnessed the bathrooms of Stimson being used as the venue of choice. Hell I feel like more girls have been tagged in my cluster bathroom, then tags of a city billboard, courtesy of Jonny Gannon. As if hiding and covering up alcohol use from our RAs wasn't enough, but girls when in Stimson cover your mouths.
I guess I am taking this opportunity to say thank you Stimson for allowing me to hold on to something I learned from Catholic school... No sex, in the bathrooms at least.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the factor of the condom dispenser in the 1st floor bathroom. If they gave out condoms, not only would the hall be potentially losing money by giving out condoms as a free comodity, it would lose money by not selling them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA

    oh my gosh. I really enjoyed this. There's so much hypocrisy in sex education. Do, don't - I can't keep track of it all. However, I find it kind of ridiculous that someone would get written up for having sex in the shower of their room. Are we still children? So long as it's two consenting adults, I really don't feel like it's in their place to say no. No matter how kinky it may be.

    MollGall

    ReplyDelete